Thursday, September 25, 2014

Radha Poudel, A Global Peace Campaigner also the Author of Khalaanga ma Hamala

Moin Uddin


 Radha Poudel, A Global Peace Campaigner




Do you know who she is and why she touched my hand with compassion?
She is not only a woman; she is more than what she is.

She is power. She is Hope. She is an Inspiration. She is a change-maker. She is a Dream. She is an Aspiration. She is a smile.



She is the author of Khalangaa ma Hamala – Radha Poudel, she'll be receiving a Prestigious Madan Purashkar on 26th September 2014, Friday –for her book which she unintentionally wrote, however never thought of winning the coveted award. A true inspiring and motivating women and it was an immense please to listen to her words.



After the program, I went and asked her, Didi, can I ask you a question and she said, "Please" and came by side and I asked her, what is one such word that keeps you moving? Though she shared many stories in a few minutes, however in every statement it was a change..A positive change....




And I asked her the final question, Dd, what do you expect from us, what can we contribute?... As soon as she heard, she saw my face with an immense gratification and she smiled and touched my hand with compassion and said quickly, why didn't you asked this question early when there were many people, as this was the question that I wanted to answer." and I said, it's never late and she said,"the perspective of seeing Nepal is totally different, we need to change it. It is not a choice to be born in Nepal or in any other places.There is an immense possibility in our country Nepal; I wish no any Nepali leave the country to work. instead they should stay here, and contribute in any other form, yes, it's not necessary to stay here in Kathmandu, just move around, go to Jumla or any other remote places.... there still is the need of a quality education, go there and share the knowing.....promote anything which  is beneficial to the society. 



Her only plan and main agenda and inspiration that keeps her moving these days is the campaign with the  high aim in mind and spirit …she is struggling to make it happen all over the world .i.e. "Global Peace Campaign. People have understood peace in a different way."



And as she said that, I asked her another question and that was my final unofficial last question, Dd what is peace according to you? And she said,"The absence of war is not Peace. For me peace is something, where people don't have to live in hunger, in strike and in protest. We need safer schools and also we should be able to live freely without any sort of fear, so peace is a freedom for me." 



And someone called her, she got busy and said  the driver had came to receive her, so it was a departure time, she saw me with the jovial eyes where I felt that she is my won sister and I am her own brother. She thanked me and we bid a bye......



Life is really beautiful – with good people around and having to share, listen and to see the lives of other getting prosper is what Radha dd want and I also wish the same for every human being.



Yes change is the need of an hour and we should get the freedom to live happily. I support for Equality :)


















Short Bio of the author:
Moin Uddin is a  student of Masters in Business Studies  (MBS) studying at Shankhar Dev Campus, Putalisadak .He has a passion to write and has written a Novel book, He's looking for a publisher to publish his book. 

Photo courtesy : Yash Kumar 


No comments:

Post a Comment