Friday, September 19, 2014

FIFA Craze


-Moin Uddin
FIFA Craze

I love football and so does most of the entire population of this planet.  Previously I didn’t like it so crazily; I used to play it with my friends at home and school. It used to be fun, but never had I given so much interest like I was in the last world cup where Spain won.

The reason for that was, I got an opportunity to run my show on the radio and fortunately that was the year of FIFA World Cup 2010, our station manager had announced the internal vacancy to run the show “World Cup Fever” I was new and was not sure that he’ll give me a chance, however I tried my luck and filled my name, luckily he chose me and other three to run that show from 6 to 7pm.

So I had to research about it, I came home and goggled a lot and then while on office I used to stay late nights to find all the history and details, I was professional in getting all the knowledge and got to learn so many ideas, tricks, profiles of players and so on.

Early in the mooring we had to update the Football news from 5:30 to 6:00 am. One of my friend Amrit was really funny, we were together to host the show and seeing each other faces we would laugh a lot, I couldn't speak seeing his face, so I went out and while I spoke he used to go out.

While on the final day where Spain won the match, in the late evening and night we (Bijay, Soham, Niranjan, Amrit and Anup dai) got intoxicated with alcohol, I didn’t drank, and other were in their full dose, one of my colleague had lost all his control and he slept, the next day, according to schedule we were the pair to run a show, I tried to woke him up, but in vain. So I run it with other colleague. It was one of my favorable moments which I’ll cherish it for my life time.



No comments:

Post a Comment