Monday, October 20, 2014

Deepawali / Tihar Memories


Moin Uddin


When Deepawali AKA Tihar approaches, the weather, environment as well as me and my friends plan to make it more interesting.

When I was child I used to gather friends and we would go around the city to collect the cold drinks cap – bringing it home and making a "ching ching", it's a musical instrument to play it on Deusi, by hammering it and carving it in a round shape and nailing it on a stick.

Though I don't celebrate these days, however I love Laxmi Puza as my friends and their family members gather and clean their houses also they cook beautiful foodstuff, oily foods, like Sel Roti and I love eating those.

 I grew up with Newar friends and almost all my childhood friends are Newars. So, it was fun growing with them. Uncle and aunty would invite me. They served "Samaybaji" a Newari Food– also, I once tried Chyang, but I didn't liked it and I was a vegetarian and still I am, so eating meat was out of thinking it.

The best of those days was to collect money after playing Deusi/ Bhailo. I was the leader to conduct it, "Ah hai bhana mera bhai ho…Deusi rey…Ahhai Ramrari Bhana…Deusi Rey…Ah Hai Swar milai Kana…Deusi Rey…Ah hai Deusi rey bhana…"

Those were the most memorable days.

However, I've little friends these days. So, maybe I'll join them and will have a wonderful time eating Sel roti as well as lots of Mithai's... recollecting those days with my very close friends.

Happy Tihar J


 














Short Bio of the author:

Moin Uddin is a  student of Masters in Business Studies  (MBS) studying at Shankhar Dev Campus, Putalisadak .He has a passion to write and has written a Novel book, He's looking for a publisher to publish his book. 

1 comment:

  1. "Ah hai bhana mera bhai ho…Deusi rey…Ahhai Ramrari Bhana…Deusi Rey…Ah Hai Swar milai Kana…Deusi Rey…Ah hai Deusi rey bhana…"

    ReplyDelete