Friday, September 19, 2014

I was very passionate to be an Rj

-Moin Uddin

 (Being Happy)



The day when I got selected on the radio to run the show “Selected pop” on Times Fm 90.6, It was on May 8, 2010 – I still remember the day that when the receptionist called me saying that one of the participant has left, so you come on right now, will you come? And I said “ya sure” – then hurried to the Station- I was wearing my college dress as I was about to go to my college.

The thing was, I was very passionate to be an Rj, Times Fm was conducting a program for the interested participants- they have to come and register their names to run a show, I listened it on the last week of the month and I called at the reception of Times Fm, the receptionist called me saying to come to their station, I went there – she said sorry, as it was already packed as the participants had already recorded their promo, upon much request she said, only if someone rejects to run a show, I may call you.

I thanked her and returned with hope, I waited it for 3-5 days but she didn't called and suddenly when I was ready for my college she called and immediately I went, I was empty stomach and didn't have had ate since early morning, I reached there at 10.30 am and then I started writing script for the show, the program was to be started at 4 pm, the entire day, I was excited to be on the radio for the first time to run my show.

When the clock strike 3.55 pm, they called me to the technical room and showed me the on-air room, the room was air-conditioned, mike was hanging, in the middle of the room there was a big glass and on the opposite side was a technician sitting and giving signal. He was cooperative and boosted my confidence, he signaled me and I talked for the first time on the radio- live. I felt so happy, some of my friends had listened to my show and had called me and said I had a good voice and congratulated me, then after a week the station manager called me to work for them. that was the day, I still remember being on-air and since then I was given 5 programs, in the morning at 4 am I used to get up and would go to the station to run the Pop-Nepal to be on-air at 5 am, in the dark also the dog would bark, but then I used to convince myself as it was my dream to be on radio, and I finally succeeded in fulfilling my dream to be an RJ.

Also the day when I finished writing my Novel book “Five Years” was the day I was so happy, now when it’ll get published and to see it reading and getting feedback from the world wide readers, will be the day, I would be so happy.

I just keep on following my dreams.




1 comment:

  1. Hey, what a nice starting of yr career as an Radio Jockey!
    But, it's bad that you are no longer in Radio these days.
    So, are you starting it again, in the near future?

    ReplyDelete