Sunday, September 21, 2014

Sashi Tharoor in Nepal Literature Festival 2014



Moin Uddin

                  Sashi Tharoor in Nepal Literature Festival 2014



It was one of the most awaited program, "Politician as a Writer" where lots of people of different profession gathered to listen to the most powerful politician of India Shashi Tharoor  at Ncell Nepal Literature Festival held at Pragya Bhawan, Kamaladi.

He isn't only a politician by profession, however he's also a prolific writer and it was pleasure to see him---- live---- with my own naked eyes, by the way I was wearing a spectacle– so not completely by naked eyes..... And got a rare chance and I think– I am the luckiest one among the audiences present there to have a picture with him... I am just behind him wearing a red frame spectacle....

When asked him about the question by the moderator, Hari Sharma regarding writing, Tharoor said, "To write one needs time and effort and to write a fiction one needs a larger time."


"Reading has to be pleasure, in my days I used to read it quickly. Reading and writing was my task at school," Tharoor said.

He also encouraged the parents to let their children to read the books –be it of any genre –not putting any barriers, as they might find the books and genre that suits them only when they read varieties of books.

He also said he had written many articles as well as book review for notable magazines and online portals.

When asked him about the connection between being a writer and a politician, he said there is a contrast relationship between the two characters, writing is a solitary activity. A Politician is always gathered by the people and also with his thoughts, but the writer is most often alone.To be a writer s/he must enjoy with the words.

When asked him about his active use of social media and why he uses it, Tharoor said, "I use social media for everything. Today I used it to promote Nepal Tourism. I visited Basantapur, Patan and many other places and yes, I also use it for my political reasons."

When asked him about sports, he said jokingly, "I wanted to play cricket badly and yes, I played cricket badly." hearing upon this answer the audiences laughed.

He said, "I became the reader as I didn't have any other option than to read the books."





Short Bio of an Author: I am a post Graduate student of Masters in Business Studies .I have a passion to write and I’ve written a Novel book, and I am looking for a publisher to publish my book.

Email: moinuddin_200000@yahoo.com



Photo Courtesy :Yash Kumar

No comments:

Post a Comment