Friday, September 19, 2014

My Marriage Plan

-Moin Uddin


(Marrying)


Marriage is a precious sacred procession; I also want to get married some day with the cultured, mannered, prettiest, intelligent, lovable girl having a soft voice as I have to live rest of my remaining life with her voice as her youthfulness will fade with time.

I always dreamt of Marrying lavish in Charted Boeing Airplane with band baaza and baraat with much fanfare according to Muslim culture and culinary, flying in more than 40000 feet above the earth. While at Rukshad (Bidayee),I  Riding over horse and like in the old tradition style, girl sitting on a doli with the Ghunghat over her head ,wearing  red branded sari of  designer ,covering her face ,smiling shyly and other people carrying and taking her while the bandmaster playing baaza and gana and I wearing a white branded designer’s Serwani with a pagadi, like a moghul. Small children playing and hooping in excitement and my siblings teasing me with the giggly smile, my mom hushing with the preparation, guest coming, congratulating my parents and giving blessings for our conjugal life, my bride smiling coyly in happiness and excitement, seeing me with her shy eye and I hinting her with my smile and eyes .

Though it’s my dream that I wish to come true but I think it will be difficult to come true. The income matters in marrying and the cost of living these are soaring and even the gold prices touching sky.

I think I’ll be marrying (nikah) simple, with only few people present to witness as a proof. Inviting few close relatives and friends for Walima (Party).

I don’t want to waste extra money just to show off and keeping my parents in debt. And yes, I feel proud that there isn’t any dowry system in my religion as Prophet Muhammad has lived his marriage and done his daughter marriage without giving any dowry rather he gave some essential elements that his daughter wound need.

My life is simple and I don’t want to mess my married life with tangles of mere showing off and living rest of the life in debt and pain. I also suggest others to live and marry simple and stay happily throughout their life.



No comments:

Post a Comment