Friday, September 19, 2014

Growing up with criticism


-Moin Uddin
 (Criticism)


I have grown with criticism since my childhood, be it in learning household chores and values – to improve my studies – to be fit in the group and so on.

I get lots of criticism in the work I do. Many times it has broken my self confidence, but as I got used to it, it didn't mattered to me like before.

When I was working in a Radio, which was my dream and passion to be on it – finally I fulfilled my passion - while on training my mentor commented on my presentation and on script, while I was at Star Fm as a participant for their Ideal Rj competition, there I got to learn a lot about news writing, though it was my first phase of learning – I learnt a lot about news writing. Then again it took me many years to make myself fit for radio and finally I got in, improved a lot- the criticism that my seniors made on me were fruitful for molding me into something concrete.

 On Times Fm I learnt to be creative. My voice was liked by my listeners.

Also on Hits Fm, I learnt a lot which has helped me to improve my presentation and my script writing. I would like to thank my mentors who guided me in improving and shaping my skills.
These days – my passion is shifted towards writing, I have been continuously writing for The Himalayan Times (Agenda section), and it has been 3 years.

I have written a novel and it’s ready for publication, however, I gave to one of my teacher for editing and he give me tips to improve my writing, his polite criticism has helped me to write more and polish my writing to write creatively.

It’s with the ones, who takes criticism in a positive way and improve it to shine better in the future or there are some who take it negatively and would take it personally and would harm themselves, which results in losing confidence – in worst cases some take revenge and some commit suicide.
For me, criticism has helped me a lot to improve and this has made me able to dive into the challenges and it brought lots of opportunities for me in a long run – the only thing to keep at mind is to have patience and to live on following dreams and living for it.




No comments:

Post a Comment