Monday, September 15, 2014

Celebrating Birthday



–Moin Uddin

As far as I remember, I had only celebrated my birthday when I was at class seven, and before as well as after that year I have never celebrated it.

As in Islam religion celebrating of birthday is not allowed, however many Muslim these days follows the trend.

I celebrated it by following the trend of my friends then, everyone were celebrating and had invited me to their homes, as I would feel shy and was an introvert, I searched for an excuse to not to participate in their parties. However I tried to lie my birthday, but my friends kept on asking – they knew the date by my identity card and I couldn't lie further, shook head, and said yes.

I bought the cake from the savings of my pocket money and told my mom to prepare the foods; I decorated my room and cleaned the floors as my room used to be dirty, ha-ha.

I invited some of my close school friends and most was my home friends, so that was the first and last birthday I celebrated so far.

These days, I don't have close friends like I had before–10-20 –that also in a group and these days many are hi and bye sort of friends, so I don't feel like getting close to them, and also I don't search for any reason to celebrate my birthday.

Celebrating is only good and the moment created can only last long as long as you have good friends with whom we can talk our heart –be it good or bad and say them –Ta and even use slang words and they would reciprocate it with same humor.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment