Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pain and Gain

Pain......humm? Yes pain.....what came into your mind thinking about pain?.......Can pain be enjoyed?.......There may be various answer to this and many of them may be wondering how can pain be enjoyed? Isn't it? OK OK I have one of my friend who suffer a lot from Migraine.Since last 8 years he is suffering from Migraine and it has been only 6 years that the doctor approved it.So, what is Migraine?Though he told me many things regarding it.However I turned the pages of Oxford Dictionary and found that "A very severe type of headache which often makes a person feel sick and have difficulty in seeing."So this was what written in the dictionary.
I told you I've one such friend who suffers from Migrane....Very often....And i feel lucky to have him as my friend.He is inspiring.He is funny.He is genius in his own way.While having conversation with him, i came to knew about the migraine that he is suffering from.He tells me,How it feels like?The severe pain.The whole attention only into the pain.He says me he feels like,the devastating volcano erupting.He also says that he feels like someone is cutting his head with an axe.The pain,The severe pain.And later says he enjoys it.He has started taking pleasure from the pain.Isn't it wonderful?
Taking pleasure from the pain is an Art,a wonderful Art that he has cultivated within himself.So,Is there any medical treatements to cure migrane? I asked and you know what he says"I've been to numerous doctors,Had done many X-rays,Many medicines has been prescribed,but the pain only slows when having medicine but gradually starts up when the dose starts loosing its power.
He has said one good thing which i think everybody should follow.He has said"You only cultivate pain,when you think of pain." and i think he is true.He says me we are the master.whether to suffer a lot from it or to slower and to control the pain."
I asked him whether it has affected your daily life?and he says"No NOt At all.....yes, for some definite period it hampers but its normal.See me, i am healthy.I do my work.I go to attend Spanish class.I do graphic designing.And you know,I am attending the classes of College too." and i smiled:)
People who are suffering from migrane should learn that"Life has not hurt you.Infact you are hurting yourself  by thinking life has been miserable.why only i am suffering from this? so this sort of negative question about yourelf should be changed immediately to positive ones.Instead go and explore your life.Forget the pain and you are the master of yourself.You can do everyother thing.Believe me:)



(Inspired by my friend Kathik which i thought of writing and to share it with you.)
-Moin Uddin,Ghattekulo,Kathmandu

No comments:

Post a Comment