Friday, December 1, 2017

Music makes me happy

Moin Uddin
Kathmandu

There was a time when on many occasions I almost killed myself. Hey, no, no, no, what you may be thinking is wrong. Not physically, I mean by using a knife, blade, rope or any other instrument. No, no, no. However, I’ve killed myself mentally. The frustration, sadness and loneliness. I have always been fighting with these negative emotions, and luckily till now I’ve been successful in defeating them with positive music.

Yes, music. Music has played a great role in my life. It has motivated me and inspired me a lot. In fact, it has been one of my best friends. There have been many moments when it has helped me and counselled me more nicely and positively than my other friends with life. Having music as your best friend is a blissful thing. Positive lyrics, soulful music and sweet and commanding voice have made me change my perception. It has made me able to dive into the ocean of imagination. In fact, I’ve been a good swimmer. I dive deep and swim swiftly and come out from it with a relaxed feeling.

These days, I am listening to the song “Wake up Sid” from the movie “Wake up Sid”. It’s so appealing. It tells to move ahead, do something new, don’t waste time. Even if you can’t do anything, then just laugh or cry; but do something. Also the song “Junoon” from the movie “New York” has made me keep my enthusiasm level intact. There is a song “Isi life mein” sung by Mohit Chauhan. It’s lyrics and music are so good. It tells you to explore your life now, don’t wait for another life. It also says, “Don’t stop yourself, come out and reach out, now this is your chance, come out and reach out.” Oh, the lyrics are so, so, so good, and make me feel that life is not to be meant just to do one, two things. Instead, life is meant to explore and experience many many new and happening things.

Music, yes, music. It’s my best buddy. Whenever I feel low, I want someone to tell me some good things, which my collection of music tells me every now and then. And whenever I feel good, my best friend music itself is there with me to enjoy my happiness. Also, when I feel aggressive, there is my music “Metal songs” which fuels and intensifies my energy. Music, I laugh music, I talk music, and I say, “Let’s enjoy and share our feelings with music.”


Published in the newspaper The Kathmandu Post (TKP) on  06-02-2013 08:47

No comments:

Post a Comment