Sunday, October 5, 2014

An hour with my old friend by Moin Uddin



Moin Uddin





"Oi k cha junga tah daro palichas, kailey bata police ma kamm garna thalis" and Nischaya Laughed and I continued,"Naya looks, huh? "I put on my left hand at his shoulder and we walked and he said, "Tailey chahi dari Sari palechas, ramro dekhya cha." I just smiled

"Ani kata janey " I asked him 

"Talai nai tha hola ni yaha ko thau, ta po hos tah yaha ko local"

"Hid na tah, uta pasal ma gayera churot kham, ani tyes pachi k garney bhanera sochula "

From Ghattekulo chowk we went straight to Dillibazar, we let our eyes tour the shops, but our eyes found them close.

Then I said, "Aba ka janey tah" after a pause of 5 second again I said him, "Jam na tah Fun Park Tira, Janey ho?"

"Fun Park, mero profession ma tah ma tyeti hiddina yar" he said it looking to me with smile on his face, "ah, malai pani tah euta jacket kinnu cha, la ni tah jam"

So while waking we talked about our college days, as we met while studying in +2 and since then we became good friends.

We talked about girls, his girls not mine. He said, "The girl friend that he had – got married"

"Huh, kei nagari ki kei garera married?"

He laughed.

Then we talked about his job while walking to the road of Kalikasthan, at-first I thought he was just lying.

We went to a Kirana Pasal and he ordered cigarettes and we sat on the pavement and talked, he showed his office identity card and then I was confirmed by what he said.

Talking with Nischay is always wonderful, though we last met when we were on our last year of our Bachelor's days. Though we still are bachelors, he has not got married and me- still not having a girlfriend in my entire life – to get married was out of question. The bachelor's that I mentioned was our BBS days. It has been 2 years.

He was saying about his work. I was listing him and was asking the related questions. He said it enthusiastically.

After a while we reached fun park, I said,"Janey ho bhitra?" and he said,"nai, ghar ma manchey aisakya cha" 

"tyeso bahye bhrikutimandap jamm, tya ek round hanera ani farkine, hunna?"
"la ni tah la "

After a few seconds he said, "Girl Friend bhako bhaye po jana lai hunthiyo, hami dubai boka paryou "

I laughed and said," haha, tyo ni ho, ka majja aula tah ,hai?"

He also laughed.

We reached there and he said "jacket kinnu thiyo, asti anamnagar ma khuleko Bhatbhateene super market ma euta dammi jacket dekhya thiyea" and I interrupted him "ani kina nakinya tah, manparya thiyo bhaney?"

"Sano thyo ni tah, tye baheyra"

We surfed many shops, and finally he likes the black jacket.

"kasto cha, thik cha"

"Phila layera tah her na, sayad talai suhaucha"

He wore it and I said," thikka raicha, talai hudo raicha"

The shopkeeper said, "Solti lai tah suhaudo rahech, thik bhayecha"

I then asked for price of it," ani dai kattti ho tah yesko dam?"

The shopkeeper, "ah, 1200"

I said,"Dai final dam bhannu na,"

Shopkeeper "tapai bhannu na "

Nischay looked at me as he got confidence that I can bargain with the shopkeeper, he turned towards me facing his back to the shopkeeper, he said to me silently, "800 bhan na 800, haina 700 bhan, haina 600 bhan hai 600 .'

I then said ,"Daiiiii…."

"tapai haru bhannu na ,huna tah yo original jacket ho, 1350 ma hami
bechchau, aba tapai nai bhannu na."

I said, "Dai 700"

"Ali ghata huncha k, malai pani tauko dukhirathiyo, pasal banda garna la ho, tye bhayera 1000 garnus na"

"haina k dai 700 la"

"tyeso bhaye 800 dinu na"

"haina dai, 700 dinchu"

And he was just about to pack the jacket, Nischay said, "haina dai pack garnu pardaina, "

"Ae laune ho, linus linus"

He handed 700 and wore a jacket and we got out of that 'bhul bhulaiya palce'. It was like a maze, once entering into it, the person finds difficult to return from there.

We then walked from there.

He said, "chiya churot kham ani ghar tira lagney"

I said, "huncha"

"Dai chiya cha"

"chaina"

"tyeso bhaye, chiso Dinu na tah, "

"k dyum"

"Coke, ani Moin talai"

"Malai pani coke bhaye huncha"

The shopkeeper brings the coke.

Nischay ordered the cigarette too and with each puff I was asking of his plan, and he was saying, " Tyesto plan sann china , arko sal baru Kathmandu ma transfer hunu parla "

And then I asked him," koi cha tailey chineko publisher, book publisher ?"

He took a time to think and said, " Yaha tah chaina, tara Pokhara ma cha, mama hunuhuncha,"

"Ae la la , mailey Novel lekheko chu, kura gar na, sab lai faida huncha, kyarey, story chahi youth ko lagi ho, dammi cha, dui char jana lai padhna deko thiyea, sab ley dammi cha bhanera bhaneko cha"

"Ae la la ma mama sanga kura garula ni"

"Ah yar, chadai garna yar,"

"Huncha"

I said,"Malai tah yar writing ko bhut chadya cha"

"tye tah, tyo tero passion ho ni tah"

"tye tah, agi taliey malai fon garda, face book ma  euta paragraph, haina duita paragraph, agi ko jamma 20 sec ko conversation ma gareko guf ko mailey lekhya chu"

"Ae ho, khai k lekhis, dekha tah malai"

"Facebook ma cha"

He then took out his mobile phone and checked in it, and laughs reading it, he had even liked that status, I just knew it when I just log in to face book.

So we returned our respective home, but our journey was still not finished.
While returning we went to a book shop to buy the book of "Rukmangad Katuwal"

He bought it and then I gave him company till his rented room and our last conversation was related to my book.

"Malai sanjhana na tero Novel ko Barey ma, mama sanga kura gardimla"
"Ae lala yar, talai ma bhanchu ni, hai"

And we bid bye and returned home

Friends are really wonderful and even the bit the older ones with whom we are close with since many ages.

Sharing, listening and wanting to know and to get and recollect those memories that once we shared all get its old taste once again.

Life is really wonderful.

I just imagine, what life would be, if there aren't funny friends.

Though I may be the serous friend to some and for some funny, for Me Nischaya was a cool friend.

He is a wonderful guy, gets in touch with anyone, however sometimes, he gets serious.

In one word, if I have to describe him then it would be "Funky"













Short Bio of the author:
Moin Uddin is a  student of Masters in Business Studies  (MBS) studying at Shankhar Dev Campus, Putalisadak .He has a passion to write and has written a Novel book, He's looking for a publisher to publish his book. 



No comments:

Post a Comment