Saturday, November 8, 2014

Pamper Your Self



Moin Uddin


I have faced lots of rejections in my life. My dreams have been shattered. My efforts, my dedication, determination, devotion, my talents all have been shattered.

Even I paid a huge sum for being multi talented, this world is really unfair where your talents are just seen as a mere tool for the benefit of others (who use you) and you get nothing in return except more work in odd hours and no-money, no benefits for the task you do– Really unfair.

I wake up every morning making my mind and setting its tune that I'll face another rejection in the day and with this, now I am used to it.

Recently I was again rejected. I wrote a novel book and it was in English, I went to the publisher and they rejected without having a single glance, saying we don't publish English novels.

Every book publisher that I met said me so, however I didn't lose my hope, instead I translated it into Nepali.

It took me three months to do so, I revised a lot, still there were loopholes –as one I would solve another would pop up, but I continued, ask any person who write, it takes lots of time, lots of efforts, you have to keep yourself motivated to write more that 30,000 words, and to imagine to create a plot, and to make the story more interesting, and then to write and revise, it takes a lots of time, if one doesn't have patience in this endeavor s/he will stop and will never write fearing of the rejections and criticism's .

Finally I completed and printed it and went in search of a publisher, they said the new writer should invest his own money, they didn't checked the content of my book, and they simply talked about the money.

This last Saturday again a well known publisher called me. It took me eight months to meet him. He also rejected my Novel. In fact they termed it as of Jhoor and gave me suggestions, which I liked. From his talk I felt he wants me to improve as I think he saw possibility in me to be a great writer. 

So he was giving me a good advice, I took it positively. However, there isn't any person who likes listening to the criticism from others. Like others I too felt sad as I had devoted my time, money, efforts in writing my first book. 

I felt it was my first child that I am conceiving and losing it before its even born one feels lots of twinge, similar is the feeling that I am sensing.

 However I pampered myself by saying that, what I wrote was worth it, not content wise (I guess from the sayings of that publisher), but from the eyes of discovering many techniques of writing and on top of that, I met many personalities, in the meantime, it wouldn't have been possible, if I hadn't wrote it.

So that's an achievement for me, I discovered many aspects of my life and it taught me to face criticism and I know I'll improve it and I am striving to be a wonderful writer.

This is how I pamper myself. 

Let's stay motivated.

Email : moinuddin_200000@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment