Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Those Days

By: Moin Uddin

This morning whole Kathmandu wake up with a new zeal and passion and you know what, I woke up with an expectation whether I will be able to take a voice of people for the program AAKAL JHUKKAL or not.

I was really afraid as this program is one of the toughest among  others as people tend not to speak, And also it seems like easy but when any people who are so loud in the beginning can't speak when a recorder is placed and taken an interview of them.

I called my friend Bipul and told him that I'll come to his home in half an hour to take his interview. He said ok but I was pessimistic and called Manoj Dai and he said he is just nearby my home and would come but he didn't came.

I then went at Bipul's house and called him. He came in his trousers and a vest as he just woke up. He told me to brief him about the concept of the show and I briefed him and he was convinced to speak. 

While I was taking his interview his mom Sumitra Bista came and she was happier than him. I took many takes of Bipul and was not being able to take clearly as we laughed often at the meantime taking interview. 

I then took Aunty's (Sumitra) interview. Took many take and was finally Okayed. I then took Bipul's interview.

Later my next friend Roshan Shrestha came and he was one who speaks well as I've taken his interview in previous shows. He told me to clear him about the concept and I told him. He again said me to do the rehearsal and we did and it was fun as he was giving funny answers. Later I told him to play guitar when I'll be taking his interview. He played and I took his interview and it went great. 

Later I took Bivek Bista's interview, at first he was shy and was not being ready to give his interview. I convinced him and he was ready to speak. I told him to play guitar and to sing a song. Everything was ready; he was ready with the guitar and a song. I switched on the bottom of the recorder and started taking his interview. It went good and he sang a song too.

Later again I took Bipul's interview but this time with name changed to YASH. I told him to sing a song and he was ready. I took his interview and told him to perform the song and he sang the Deusi song. BHANA MERA BHAI HO ………..DEUSIRA………. the recording went good.

And with them I went to the Motorcycle workshops to mend their motor bikes.

At 1:30 pm Roshan dropped me home.

We had a DEPAWALI party at our office HITS FM.  I became ready to go. 

As I reached there I started editing the voice for AAKAL JHUKKAL. After preparing everything for AAKAL JHUKKAL, I went down stairs at our library where the party was on its full swing. 

Most of the staffs were present and it was fun. There were drinks and snacks. I had a soft drink and a snack. 

At 5:30pm while I was returning to my home. I saw many small children carrying musical instruments and many were starting to play DEUSI/ BHAILO. 

All the early days were coming in front of my eyes as a flashback. I used to play DEUSI/BHAILO with my friend when I was a kid. It used to be much fun. The day before DEUSI/BHAILO we used to prepare CHANG CHYANG, it used to be made up of the cover of Coke, Pepsi. Some friends used to bring MADAL, some guitar. 

I used to be a leader and was the coordinator. I used to chant the DEUSI/ BHAILO. Like: BHANA MERA BHAI HO and they used to say DEUSIREY.  Again I used to say RAMRARI BHANA and they used to say DEUSIREY

It used to be really fun. Till mid night we used to play, dance, and sing. The good thing that we used to have is a gathering and many friends would be with us and we used to quarrel, fight and again care for each other.

 However we didn't realize that we were having a cozy time with each other and never thought we would miss those days like anything right now.

Those were the days but now we are scattered. Some friends are abroad for study and some got married, some migrated for various reasons.

Those days we didn't realize the making of a RANGOLI, but when I was returning home from my office I saw small as well as big girls preparing RANGOli. 

The lights were all around the city. Every house was decorated with lights and it was looking really beautiful. I could hear people playing songs; some were preparing team to go for DEUSI/BHAILO.

I could also hear the sound of crackers. As we used to play with crackers and didn't care about the hazards when we were kid and our parents used to be very afraid regarding us.
Now the time has changed. We are grown up and every small child is of our age, I mean they have stepped into the age that what we used to have had.

Time flies but memory last. 

I thank everyone for being part of my life. My friends are the most I miss and the days we used to have when we were together.

If you are young and reading this then I urge you to enjoy your childhood time and do all the crazy stuffs as you'll miss those days when you'll be growing up as most will feel shy to do those things and many will not have friends later to enjoy the moments.

Enjoy every seconds of your life.

Life ROCKX :)



No comments:

Post a Comment